NOTE Just a daily repost because original OP Bastiat seems to be offline (due to holidays I guess). However, this is quite important as I see much misinformation on which exchanges use segwit or not. Please upvote for awareness.
Subhan Nadeem has pointed out that:
If every transaction in the Bitcoin network was a SegWit transaction today, blocks would contain up to 8,000 transactions, and the
138,000176,000 unconfirmed transaction backlog would disappear instantly. Transaction fees would be almost non-existent once again.
A few thousand bitcoin users from /Bitcoin switching to making their next transactions SegWit transactions will help take pressure off the network now, and together we can encourage exchanges/wallets to rapidly deploy SegWit for everyone ASAP. Let's make it happen. You can help by taking one or more of the action steps below.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The mempool is currently overflowing. If you are a long-term holder and really have no reason to move your bitcoins at this time, wait until the mempool starts to clear and transaction fees go down before moving your bitcoins to a SegWit address or SegWit friendly exchange
- If your favorite wallet has not yet implemented SegWit, kindly ask them to do so immediately. In the meantime start using a wallet that has already implemented SegWit.
- If your favorite exchange has not yet implemented SegWit, try to avoid making any further purchases of bitcoin at that exchange and politely inform them that if they do not enable SegWit within 30-days they will lose your business. Sign-up for an account at a SegWit deployed/ready exchange now and initiate the verification process so you'll be ready to bail
- Help educate newcomers to bitcoin about the transaction issue, steer them towards SegWit wallets from day one, and encourage them to avoid ever purchasing bitcoin through non-SegWit ready exchanges that are harming bitcoin
SELECTED TOP EXCHANGES BY SEGWIT & BATCHING STATUS
Smaller exchanges which have implemented Segwit
Exchange Segwit Status Batching Status Binance ?NOT READY Yes Bitfinex Not deployed ? Bitonic Not deployed ? Bitstamp Deployed Yes Bittrex ? Yes Coinbase/GDAX NOT READY No Gemini Not deployed No HitBTC ReadyDeployed Yes Huboi ? ? Kraken Not deployed Yes LocalBitcoins Not deployed ? OKEx ? ? Poloniex Not deployed Yes QuadrigaCX Deployed Yes Shapeshift Deployed No
Source 1Archive Source 2
Exchange Segwit Status Batching Status Zebpay Deployed Yes Wirex Deployed ?
After seeing this, is it any wonder that 90% of transactions on the network are not using the SegWit technology? And then is it any wonder that fees are ridiculous?
Make sure you have a SegWit capable wallet installed and ready to use for your next bitcoin transaction. Next time you need to send a transaction, use "pay to many" and set your second recipient to be your address in a SegWit wallet you control. However, if you have received a lot of payments to your old software, be aware that this could be a large (bytes) transaction and therefore you might be better off waiting. You will have to decide whether it's worth taking the hit now to prevent wasting money on fees in the near future vs not spending any coins until SegWit adoption is higher.
SegWit Enabled Wallets Wallet Type Ledger Nano S Hardware Trezor Hardware Electrum Desktop Armory Desktop Edge iOS GreenAddress iOS BitWallet iOS Samourai Android GreenBits Android Electrum Android/iOS Coinomi (In progress) Android TODAY's NEWS/DEVELOPMENTS/VICTORIES
- Core is considering prioritizing SegWit GUI in the Core Wallet and pushing out an update fast without waiting for other features
- An Exodus Wallet representative has said they will not enable SegWit for now
- Largest exchange in Brazil implemented withdraws using Segwit
- BitInfoCharts.com - Average Transaction Fees - median $24USD per Tx
- Blockchain.info - Unconfirmed Transactions - 176K Unconfirmed Tx's
- SegWit Charts - 10% SegWit Tx's
If I'm a HODLer, will it help to send my BTC to a SegWit address now?
Can you please tell me how to move my bitcoins to SegWit address in Bitcoin core wallet? Does the sender or receiver matter?
- No, just get ready now so that your NEXT transaction will be to a SegWit wallet. Avoid burdening the network with any unneccessary transactions for now.
What wallet are you using to "batch your sends"? And how can I do that?
- The Bitcoin core wallet does not yet have a GUI for its SegWit functionality. Download Electrum v3.0.3 to generate a SegWit address.
A transaction between two SegWit addresses is a SegWit transaction.
A transaction sent from a SegWit address to a non-SegWit address is a SegWit transaction.
A transaction sent from a non-SegWit address to a SegWit address is NOT a SegWit transaction. You can send a SegWit Tx if the sending address is a SegWit address.
Why doesn't the Core Wallet yet support SegWit?
- Using Electrum, the "Tools" menu option: "Pay to many".
Just enter your receive addresses and the amounts for each, and you can send multiple transactions for nearly the price of one.
Why isn't a large exchange like Coinbase SegWit ready & deployed when much smaller exchanges already are? Why do they default to high fees? Where is the leadership there?
- The Core Wallet supports SegWit, but its GUI doesn't. The next update will likely have GUI support built-in
- Draw your own conclusions based on their own words:
March 2016 - Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong has reservations about Core
Dec 2017 - Coinbase is STILL working on Segwit
SEGWIT BLOG GUIDES
PREVIOUS DAY'S THREADS
There's lots of excellent info in the comments of the previous threads:
- Day 1: If every Bitcoin tx was a SegWit tx today, we'd have 8,000 tx blocks & the tx backlog would disappear. Tx fees would be almost non-existent once again. THE NEXT BITCOIN TX YOU MAKE, MAKE IT A SegWit TX. DOWNLOAD A SegWit COMPATIBLE WALLET AND OPEN A SegWit COMPATIBLE EXCHANGE ACCOUNT RIGHT NOW
- Day 2: I will repost this guide daily until available solutions like Segwit & order batching are adopted, the mempool is empty once again, and transaction fees are low. You can help. Take action today
- Day 3: [I will repost this guide daily until available solutions like SegWit & order batching are mass adopted, the mempo...
|Exchange||Segwit Status||Batching Status|
|SegWit Enabled Wallets||Wallet Type|
|Ledger Nano S||Hardware|
Buying crypto like Bitcoin and Ether is as easy as verifying your identity, adding a payment and clicking "Buy". Sign up for our Wallet today. Create Wallet. Trade Crypto at the Exchange. Integrated with the Blockchain Wallet, our Exchange is a one-stop shop where you can deposit funds and place trades seamlessly in minutes. Get Started. Dive Deeper. Buy Crypto . Bitcoin $ USD. Your Email ... A Bitcoin wallet is a software application in which you store your Bitcoins. However, bitcoin does not exist in any physical shape or form. Bitcoin can't technically be stored anywhere except coin wallets. This type of software is easy to use and reliable while also being secure and fast. Because Bitcoin's blockchain is transparent, transaction details like amounts and destinations can be tracked. Suppose that you received a five-dollar bill as change at a grocery store. That bill could have been used in a criminal transaction ten transactions ago, and it wouldn't have any impact on the usability of the bill now. With Bitcoin, there have been incidents where coins have been ... The Binance Card currently supports Bitcoin (BTC) and Binance Coin (BNB). He wrote on Twitter, “#Binance Card – I think I can finally go from 99% to 100% crypto.” To pay for goods and services at over 46 million VISA enabled merchant stores, users simply load their card through their Binance accounts, and the debit card directly converts it into fiat currency. In June, BEG reported ... All bitcoin transactions are tracked on a public ledger known as the blockchain, and people working as miners verify transactions and update the blockchain. The maximum coin supply of bitcoin is limited to 21 million, but it’s possible to buy a small fraction of a coin – each individual coin can be divided down to 0.00000001 BTC. A step-by-step guide to buying bitcoin. You can buy bitcoin ... GreenAddress was solely created for bitcoin’s safekeeping. That’s why you can only store bitcoins in GreenAddress. The safekeeping of Bitcoin Cash is also not offered. Even now, the idea of ... The Bitcoin Core client is the original bitcoin wallet that was launched when bitcoin first started to trade in 2009. Since its early days, the Bitcoin Core wallet has undergone several iterations that have made it more user-friendly. It is still one of the most popular bitcoin wallets among early adopters as it provides ample security and gives users full control over their funds. Segwit (Segregated Witness) was activated on the Bitcoin network on the 24th of August, 2017 as a soft fork that is compatible with previous bitcoin transactions. Since that time, bitcoin wallet developers and cryptocurrency exchanges have been slow to implement SegWit on their platforms. However, in this piece, we are going to look at six of the best Bitcoin SegWit wallets available in 2019. Bitcoin Wallet oder 'Schildbach Wallet' war die erste mobile Bitcoin-Wallet. Bitcoin Wallet ist sicherer als die meisten anderen Bitcoin-Wallets, weil sie einen direkt mit dem Bitcoin-Netzwerk verbindet. Bitcoin Wallet hat ein simples Interface und genau die richtige Menge an Funktionen, die sie zu einer großartigen Wallet und einem großartigen Lernhilfsmittel für Bitcoin-Anfänger macht. Update: Now, the world's largest bitcoin and cryptocurrency exchange by volume, Binance, has said it will "de-list" bitcoin SV, striking it from the exchange as of April 22 as it no longer "meet[s ...
[index]          
Amazon Affiliate Link - (If You Buy Something On Amazon, I Get A Small Commission As A Way To Support The Channel) - (There is NO extra cost for you) https://amzn.to/39MXp4q Computer I Use To ... BITCOIN BOTTOM SOON? Binance Blockchain Implications... Ivan on Tech. Loading... Unsubscribe from Ivan on Tech? Cancel Unsubscribe. Working... Subscribe Subscribed Unsubscribe 218K. Loading ... Welcome back to the no BS blockchain channel covering bitcoin, cryptocurrency and everything around FinTech. Episode 9 is with the Ted Lin, CGO of Binance, the most popular and innovating crypto ... Robert Kiyosaki interview: Blockchain technology, AI, Crypto, Bitcoin BTC Halving 2020 Robert Kiyosaki 58,261 watching Live now BITCOIN VS WORLD DICTATORSHIP + Cypherium Review (Stack vs Register ... Binance considered rolling back the Bitcoin chain in order to recover stolen funds. How would that have happened? How likely is it that such a recovery method would be executed in the future? #Bitcoin #Binance #Crypto #BitcoinMining #BitcoinHalving #BitPay #Blockchain #Cryptocurrency #CryptoRegulations - Binance is excited to announce the launch of Binance Pool, offering Proof of Work ... Amazon Affiliate Link - (If You Buy Something On Amazon, I Get A Small Commission As A Way To Support The Channel) - (There is NO extra cost for you) https://amzn.to/39MXp4q Computer I Use To ...